Your shopping cart is empty.
Life/form® Pitting Edema TrainerClassroom discussions will come alive when practicing skills on this interesting and unique trainer. Part of patient assessment includes observation of swelling in the extremities. Swelling is caused by the abnormal accumulation of fluid within the interstitial spaces of tissue. Pressing on the surface of the skin may leave an indentation that does not immediately rebound once the pressure is released. This indentation is known as pitting edema. Pitting edema is a subjective observation and is graded by the depth of the indentation and the time it persists after the release of pressure.
The Life/form® Pitting Edema Trainer uses life-like simulated tissue to demonstrate Stages 1+ through 4+:
- Stage 1+ - Mild pitting, slight indentation (2mm), no perceptible swelling of area
- Stage 2+ - Moderate pitting, indentation (4mm) subsides rapidly
- Stage 3+ - Deep pitting, indentation (6mm) remains for a short time, area looks swollen
- Stage 4+ - Very deep pitting, indentation (8mm) lasts a long time, area is very swollen
Skills that can be practiced:
- Assessment of stages (1+ through 4+)
- Assessment of depth (2mm - 8mm)
- Assessment of rebound time to baseline
Made in USA by Nasco Healthcare and sold by GTSimulators.
GTSimulators by Global Technologies
Nasco Authorized Dealer.
Great teaching tool