Your shopping cart is empty.
Hemorrhage Control Leg Trainer, Light
Need a quote?
Click Add To Quote
Hemorrhage Control Leg Trainer, Light
The P103 is a medical skill trainer for hemorrhage control on the lower extremity with an extremely realistic wound and bleeding simulation. It is the ideal tool to improve pre-hospital patient care training with instructional and hands-on training of hemorrhage control with wound packing and tourniquet application. This simulator is especially suitable for Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) and Civilian Casualty Care training.
The Hemorrhage Control Leg Trainer P103 by 3B Scientific is an affordable and simple solution for realistic training of bleeding control and management of traumatic injuries on the thigh. Trainees will gain confidence in managing difficult bleeding using tourniquets, wound packing and amputation management skills. The leg trainer P103 is equipped with three different wound patterns:
- Deep laceration (around 4 cm deep) in the groin area
- Gunshot wound through and through (GSW) with entry and exit wound on the upper thigh
- Amputation in the knee region
A manual blood pump system supplies artificial blood to each wound individually or to any two of them in combination or to three wounds all together. Various scenarios of venous or arterial pulsatile blood hemorrhage can be simulated easily and realistically. The trainee will get a direct visual feedback (stop of bleeding by mechanical occlusion) once the application of the chosen hemorrhage control technique is successful.
The following hemorrhage control procedures can be trained with this simulator:
Limb tourniquet application:
Tourniquets can be placed either “high and tight” at the proximal end of the extremity or 5-8 cm above the wounds. If the tourniquet is applied correctly, the bleeding stops automatically by mechanical occlusion of the blood vessels. Dual tourniquet application is also possible to be trained.
A deep lying lacerated tube can be palpated manually at the injured blood vessel. The junctional and the gunshot wound can be packed with gauze.
Hemostatic device application:
The gunshot wounds are compatible for an application of the XSTAT® hemostatic device
Stump / Large area wound dressing
Drop knee technique:
This technique is applicable in the scenarios which exclude a junctional wound. A wound cover is supplied for this purpose in the delivery content.
- The trainer simulates a leg of an adult male with an amputation in the knee region with realistic outer anatomy
- The skin is made of high quality SKINlike™ sturdy silicone to simulate human skin and tissue haptics
- Features bony landmarks and palpable damaged vessel
- Direct feedback: the bleeding will stop (mechanical occlusion of blood vessels) when tourniquet has been correctly applied (placement and closing)
- The application of the tourniquet can be made “high and tight” or 5- 8 cm (2”-3”) above the wound
- Each wound can be hidden with a dedicated cover to offer modular injury scenarios
- Each wound can bleed independently
- Designed for field use: sturdy construction, requires no batteries or external power
- Easy to clean and to transport in carrying bag (included)
- Realistic low-cost simulator for repetitive training
- Secure blood reservoir (2 liters) with manual blood pump system simulating venous or arterial pulsatile blood hemorrhage
- No back flow of the blood to the reservoir during wound packing so the simulation will be uninterrupted
- Contains 250 ml of artificial blood concentrate for the preparation of 2 liters of blood
- Trauma leg with 3 different traumatic wounds, choice of light or dark skin
- 2 wound covers
- Manual blood pump system
- Carrying bag
- Sand bag
- Blood reservoir for 2 liters
- Concentrate of artificial blood 250 ml
Made by 3B Scientific and sold by GTSimulators.
GTSimulators by Global Technologies
3B Scientific Authorized Dealer.