Your shopping cart is empty.
Abscess Drainage Ultrasound Training ModelBrand New addition to our Select Series product line, we are proud to introduce our new Abscess Drainage Model. Made using our proprietary self-healing Simulex™ tissue, the model is an excellent training tool for assisting clinicians to develop, practice and maintain the skills necessary to perform ultrasound guided Abscess Drains. This ultra-durable ultrasound training model assists clinicians in the acquisition and interpretation of sonographic images of abscess fluid pockets in various conditions, such as abscess directly under the tissue as well as abscess collection behind the rib. Abscess pockets range in size from 1.5 cm to 5 cm. The model is designed to allow the user to improve skills with practice. For beginning users a large fluid pocket is placed directly beneath the surface of the tissue to allow users direct access and begin practicing the psychomotor skills of guiding needles under ultrasound. The smaller abscess spaces are more difficult to access and require experienced users to navigate around ribs. Three abscess pockets are connected by a Quick Fill™ tube which allows users to refill the model quickly and efficiently.
Train on realistic models that self-heal and do not dehydrate, decompose, or degrade over time which saves you money.
Blue Phantom is committed to providing the highest quality ultrasound training models available anywhere. This ultra-durable medical ultrasound model, offers a cost effective solution for clinicians of all experience levels.
A lightweight, economical, ultrasound training model.
At Blue Phantom we expend tremendous effort to match the imaging characteristics of real human tissue allowing you to teach and train in a realistic simulation setting. We know that the best simulation training scenarios are requisite on users experiencing the same procedural realism as performing the procedure on patients. This model contains two ribs and three different abscess pockets ranging in size from 1.5cm, 3 cm and 5 cm. As with all of our ultrasound training models, this phantom will perform well using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate transducer (recommended ultrasound transducer; high frequency linear array ultrasound probe 5.0 – 12 MHz). Our uncompromising quality allows clinicians to repeatedly practice the procedure without the high costs of replacing disposable parts. This ultrasound phantom model is excellent for specialties including, emergency medicine, nursing, surgery, ultrasound training programs, simulation centers, surgical skills centers, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations.
GTSimulators by Global Technologies
CAE Healthcare Authorized Distributor.
- Abscess Drainage Ultrasound Training Model
- Excellent for clinicians beginning to use ultrasound as well as more advanced users seeking more challenging insertion technique training
- Excellent for training users to develop and practice skills necessary to perform abscess drainage using ultrasound guided access
- Ultrasound tissue module contains ribs and three abscess fluid pockets ranging in size from 1.5 cm - 5 cm
- Allows users to transition from easy access to difficult access with the inclusion of rib anatomy and varying abscess size
- Our realism makes your training better; all structures match the sonographic acoustic characteristics of real human tissue providing uncompromising image quality
- Excellent realism and durability
- Recommend 18-21 gauge unbent needles for maximization of self-healing and ultra-durable performance
- Develop, practice and maintain ultrasound guided skills
- Ultra-durable design saves you money
- Self-healing tissue offers a long life providing a low cost of ownership
- Our specifically designed tissues will never clog your needle
- Positive fluid flow when abscess pockets are accurately accessed
- Prefilled with Clear Ultrasound Refill Solution
- Easy to refill via Quick Fill tube port
- Fluid can be injected into the model to verify needle tip location
- Convex surface contour offers a scanning environment similar to human body habitus
- Use with any ultrasound imaging system with appropriate transducer
- Low cost of ownership no replacement parts required
- Extremely lightweight and portable
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- High quality
- 23x18x10 cm (LxWxH)
- Weight: 9Lbs
- Purchase includes one bottle (235mL) of clear ultrasound refill solution
- Includes a plastic storage case
- Patented technology
- No special storage requirements
- Made in USA