Your shopping cart is empty.
Port - ''Body in a Box''™ - Latex Free Dermalike™
Need an estimate?
Click Add To Quote
A trusted GT partner
Provided by manufacturer
Made in USA
Manufactured in the U.S
Item does not contain latex
Available upon request
Port - ''Body in a Box''™ - Latex Free Dermalike™Compact, lightweight, and quick to set up and put away. A great tool for training, competency testing, and skill assessment of port (IVAD) palpation and accessing. With this teaching model, it is possible to simulate palpating and accessing an implanted port with the following placements: normal, "tipping," "wandering," or deeply placed. Successful access is confirmed by a "blood" return. Fluid can be infused and "blood" withdrawn.
The Port - "Body in a Box"™ - Latex Free Dermalike™ unit has its own 35 cc blood reservoir bag neatly tucked inside. Accessing can be taught and practiced within the case or removed for group use. The two round inserts, used to simulate the "wandering" and "tipping" port, are interchangeable to vary the experience.
The skin flap has two thicknesses; the 1/4" side will approximate the "feel" when palpating a port at an average depth and the 1/2" side will approximate the "feel" when palpating a deeply placed port. The skin flap is made of a latex-free Dermalike™ for 50% less needle drag when accessing and improved tear resistance to permit a greater number of needle "sticks."
The underlying soft tissue block permits the port to "float" when palpating through the skin flap, for a truly realistic experience.
Port - "Body in a Box"™ - Latex Free Dermalike™ Includes:
- a real port with 9.6 FR catheter
- 7-1/8" x 5-1/2" skin flap
- soft tissue block with two interchangeable inserts
- 35 cc blood reservoir bag
- one each of 3/4" and 1" Huber needles
- 5 cc leur lock syringe
- three packets of lubrication gel
- clear container for storage of supplies
- user's manual
- and 9-1/2" x 6-1/2" heavy-duty ABS case.
- Round Insert To Simulate "Floating-Wandering" Port (VT5023)
- Round Insert To Simulate "Tipping" Port (VT5022)
- Skin Flap 6 7-8" x 5 1-4" (VT5020)
- Tissue Block 6 7/" X 5 1/4" (VT5021)
- Simulated Blood Reservoir Bag (VT5024)
- 3/4" 20G Right Angle Huber Needle With 8" Extension Set, 1 Doz (VT5025)
- 1" 20G Right Angle Huber Needle With 8" Extension Set, 1 Doz (VT5026)
- Simulated Blood - One Quart - New Stain Resistant (VT1491)
- Simulated Blood - One Gallon - Not the same viscosity of real blood (VT1494)
Made in USA by Vata Inc. and sold by GTSimulators.
GTSimulators by Global Technologies
VATA Inc. Authorized Dealer
- Dimensions: 14” x 11” x 3” (35.6cm x 27.9cm x 7.6cm)
- Weight: 3lbs (1.4kg)
This product is just what I was looking for. It checks all the boxes and I can even use it for a few other trainings aside from just a port-a-cath.
Nice and convenient to carry, very self contained!
This product exceeded my expectations. It is very realistic. The skin feels so close to real skin that it's almost scary.