Your shopping cart is empty.
SAM II® The Student Auscultation Manikin, LightAuscultation is an essential clinical skill needed to assess and monitor patients’ conditions. With the Cardionics SAM II Student Auscultation Manikin, teaching and learning this skill becomes even more versatile and economic. The SAM II trainer can be used with any stethoscope. All sounds and videos are recorded from live patients for students to experience a life-like simulation. Users can also create and save their own case videos.
SAM II Student Auscultation Manikin is used in teaching and learning heart, lung and bowel sounds. When connected to the laptop (included) with the pre-installed software, a variety of sounds, videos and lessons recorded can be accessed. Also available in Dark Skin and in a Pediatric Version.
Additionally, when connected to speakers (1021753) SAM II Student Auscultation Manikin can be easily moved into a classroom or an auditorium for group instruction, where a larger audience of students can benefit from a co-learning experience and share their thoughts at the same time as high quality heart, lung and bowel sounds are emitted. The programmable and password protected lectures allow teaching institutions to have numerous instructors utilize the SAM II trainer. Included with the product is SAM’s Lesson Guide: a complete guide of lessons for each auscultation sound that SAM II offers.
- A portable SAM II Male Auscultation Torso
- A new DELL laptop computer with a pre-installed auscultation teaching software, with programmable and password protected lectures
- A digital copy of SAM`s Lesson Guide: located on the laptop in digital form, can be printed and used to support auscultation teaching anytime
- One SAM t-shirt and a user's manual
How is SAM II Student Auscultation Manikin different from other auscultation products available on the market?
- It is lightweight & portable
- It has the largest library of sounds (24 sounds) & videos (36 videos altogether)
- It has the complete Lesson Guide
- It can be used with any stethoscope
- It has a palpable carotid pulse
- Users can setup password protected lectures for student assessment
- It is available in light and dark skin version
List of Sounds in SAM II
|SAM 3G®||SAM II®||SAM Basic®||PAT®||PAT Basic®|
|Item No.||Light - Dark||Light - Dark||Light - Dark||Light - Dark||Light - Dark|
|Laptop with pre-installed software||✔||✔||-||✔||-|
|Stethoscope used||any stethoscope||any stethoscope||SimScope®||any stethoscope||SimScope®|
|Can be connected to the speaker system 1021753 for group instruction||✔||✔||-||✔||-|
|Phonocardiogram (recording of all the sounds made by the heart during a cardiac cycle)||✔||✔||-||✔||-|
|Sounds in the Real Sound Library||24||0||0||0||0|
|Echo Cardiogram Videos||12||0||0||0||0|
|Users can create and save own videos||✔||-||-||-||-|
|Users can setup password protected lectures||✔||✔||-||✔||-|