Your shopping cart is empty.
Patient Care Manikin Basic VersionBuild and evaluate basic patient care and nurse aid competencies!
The 3B Scientific® Patient Care Manikin BASIC for simulation in healthcare was developed for scenario based training of basic patient care and nursing skills.
The patient care manikin simulates an adult, life-size patient, with interchangeable genitals. It can be positioned like a real patient with natural movement of the arms, legs, and joints. You can even make the manikin sit upright in the bed for treatments. It is made of durable, unbreakable, and water-resistant plastics for longevity in the everyday training use.
Use the BASIC Patient Care Manikin to train and evaluate the following clinical nursing and patient care skills and competencies:
Patient and personal care:
- Transfer skills: lifting, carrying, and moving a patient
- Bed care of a patient
- Position changing and alignment of a patient
- Bathing a patient (genital care)
- Hair care (washing, combing, drying)
- Care and cleaning of eyes, ears and nose
- Personal hygiene and mouth denture care (partially removable prosthesis)
- Bandaging (includes amputation stump)
- Wound treatment and care (surgical staple seam, laceration and abrasions)
- Communication skills, especially step by step explanation of care measures
- Prevention of bedsores (Decubitus)
- Decubitus evaluation (stages 2-4)
- Decubitus care
- Prevention of muscle cramps
- Prevention of pneumonia
- Prevention of blood clots (Thromboses)
- Prevention of healthcare associated infection (HAI) by measures of medical asepsis and clean techniques
- Inhalation therapy
- Oxygen inhalation
- Use of ventilation bag (mouth to mouth and mouth to nose)
- Artificial respiration, oxygen treatment
- Care of tracheostomy
- Care of Diabetic Foot Syndrome (DFS)
- Ostomy care (colostomy)
- Irrigation of eyes and ears
- Intramuscular injections (buttocks)
- Subcutaneous injections (upper arms and thighs)
- Subcutaneous infusions
Medical simulation training in healthcare:
Training with the 3B Scientific® Patient Care Manikin BASIC meets the OBRA requirements of Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Programs (NATCEP).
Injection pads, talcum powder, amputation stump, inserts with wound depictions (upper arm and thigh), and tools for fitting.
Upgrade to the PRO version with additional training features:
The 3B Scientific® Patient Care Manikin is also available in a PRO version with additional features like catheterization, enema administration and irrigations. An upgrade kit is available to include these features in the BASIC version. Click here for more information about the PRO version and its advanced patient care and nursing skill features.
Please note that the replacement parts of the updated 3B Scientific® Patient Care Manikin BASIC also fit the older version with item number P11 / 1000503 (3B Scientific ® Patient Care Manikin, II), a fitting tool will be delivered with the replacement parts.
|3B Scientific® Patient Care Manikin||
|Personal hygiene, cleaning (removable partial prothesis)|
|Bandaging and wound dressing (including stump dressing)|
|Irrigations (eyes, ears)|
|Injections (intramuscular and subcutaneous)|
|Oxygen treatment, artificial respiration|
|Decubitus Evaluation and Care|
|Diabetic Foot Syndrome Care|
|Catheterization (male and female)||-|
|Naso-gastric lavage and gavage||-|
|Ostomy care (colostomy)||-|
|Irrigation (intestines, bladder, vagina)||-|
GTSimulators by Global Technologies
3B Scientific Authorized Dealer.
- Size: 35" x 22" x 14" in
- Weight: 50 lbs (DIM W. 74LBS)